Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I LOVE YOU, OBAMA AND I AM SO GLAD THAT WE MADE YOU OUR PRESIDENT



Seriously, I jumped up and down and did a little Irish jig when I read about the fact that Obama has appointed the Human Rights Campaign's Religion and Faith Director Harry Knox to his Advisory Council on Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships. That's the progress and change that I voted for in November. Knox is from Georgia like me. Harry Knox is a badass. I would give you a laundry list of reasons why but you should Google him for yourself and see. He studied to be an ordained Methodist minister but was denied the right by the Methodist church because he is gay. The Human Rights Campaign is also something admirable that I am really glad to see Obama include in his Faith-Based council.

A fellow Georgian I am not happy to be associated with? This douche.

I heart you, Obama.

2 comments:

Tom said...

I was raised in the Methodist church and am a member of First Methodist in downtown Dallas. I still hold out hope that one day the Methodists will let all its talented members serve as ordained clergy. Until then, it's "agree to disagree."

Ryan Daniels said...

This is indeed a positive and 'enlightened' step towards progress, but in 2009 it is still a shame that we have to deal with such absurd notions as 'gods' and other similar fairy tales in our government, of all things!