Monday, April 9, 2007



Alright, I've slacked a bit on the whole blogging thing but I have to admit that I'm pretty stressed and the Mavs aren't helping me out any. Strangely, my equally Mavs-obessesed friend Brian asked me on Friday afternoon if the Mavs were scaring me like they have been scaring him. I took the Pollyanna route and said "oh no, I think they're just slowing down to rest up for the playoffs."

Then there was the Denver game. What an embarassing game. Even for Denver but at least they managed to win.

Then there was the Portland game. I'll admit that I was only able to watch the first half of the game but I listened to the second half on the drive up to Denton to see The Undoing of David Wright. We won. But again, the scores were pretty low. I know Avery was resting his "stars" which is a fabulous idea. And I did see that crazy dunk Mo Ager got in the first half. But seeing the Mavs scoring in the 70s and 80s doesn't really make me totally comfortable. Theoretically, a team like the Clippers could rally in the fourth and win over the Mavs in the first or second round when the scores look like that.

This all should also probably be taken with a large grain of salt since I'm pretty stressed out about something more stress-worthy than basketball for the next month or so.

No comments: