Thursday, April 3, 2008

Example #4983 of my Georgia heritage:



(Pictured: Mr. and Mrs. Satan. Not pictured: a lovely print of the painting "Serenity Cove" by Thomas Kinkade, just behind Mrs. Satan's shoulders)

So is it raining or sunny outside? You know, in Georgia they say that if it's raining but still sunny outside it means the devil is beating his wife. Which begs the question....what kind of masochistic whore would marry the devil? I am assuming there was full disclosure on their first date. Like "why are you red, horned and carrying a pitchfork?" And then he's all like, "well, I'm gonna go ahead and throw this out there....I am Satan." But she's all like (inside-of-her-head voice) "oooooooh, I like bad boys. I can change him. Maybe the love of a good woman is all he needs to change his mind about the whole torturing poor souls in a lake of fire for eternity thing."

So he takes it easy on those condemned to hell while they are first dating. You know, letting them have a room temperature Sierra Mist from time to time. Sharing new LOL'cats with them from time to time. But after a while, he's back to poking and prodding and ignoring their endless howls of pain. At which point in time, Mrs. Satan is all, "Maybe this wasn't a good idea." But it's too late.

So basically, all I'm saying is "crazy weather we're having today, huh?"

No comments: