Sunday, January 21, 2007

The world's most uninteresting rematch ever




Here's the pitch:

A REMATCH OF THE 2006 FINALS!!!! A CHANCE FOR THE MAVS TO PROVE THEMSELVES AND SHOW HOW MUCH THEY'VE GROWN AND IMPROVED SINCE THE FINALS!!!!!!

But then everyone noticed that Pat Riley was gone, Shaq was out and Dwanye (seriously, if my name had been a dyslexic mistake I would have corrected it a long time ago) Wade still had an ouchie in his wrist. So then everyone realized that it really wasn't that big of a deal. Even during the Lakers game, they were talking about how Sunday's game with Miami would be "emotional". It wasn't really. It also reminded me that while I was stoked to see the Mavericks in the Finals last year, I actually didn't think it was that exciting of a match up. How could it have been anything but lackluster? Seven games with the Spurs including some double overtime action? Six games against Phoenix whose team included the league's two-time MVP? I hardly think that playing in the finals against the guy who made Kazaam is as gripping as a seven game dogfight with our in-state rivals.

That aside, I respectfully ask Commissioner Stern or his secretary or whoever it is that makes the NBA schedule to knock this "Sunday games at noon" bullshit off. I am monumentally lazy on Sundays. Having to be concious, alert, upright and aware of the basic rules of basketball is too much to ask. So Commish Stern, you either provide me with a TiVo and a Starbucks gift card or start the games at a reasonable hour.

No comments: